MRS. MOYER'S 2ND GRADE
- Find spelling sounds (i.e. find sneaky E words that say the long a, as in take and fame) all around: in store names, in books, on street signs, etc.
- Read road signs
- Take turns reading sentences while reading together
- Challenge kids to read a word before you sound it out
- Read a word wrong, wonder why that word doesn’t make sense, and ask you child for help figuring out the word.
- Spend an evening at the library or at a local bookstore
- Have students read interactive books on the computer through the local library
- Name a category (i.e. animals, foods, sports). Example uses animals. The first person names an animal starting with A, the next names an animal starting with B, and so on. Twist: Players spell the words for points.
- Attend one of the library’s story times